Arunachal Pradesh: An Unexplored Destination
Arunachal Pradesh, a ‘Land of The Dawn Lit Mountains’ is situated in the northeastern corner of the country. This unexplored travel destination of India though little offbeat has a lot to offer to every traveler. And hence the travelers just cannot afford to miss these tourist places in Arunachal Pradesh.
Why You Must Visit Arunachal Pradesh
Adorned with unspoiled rivers, picturesque landscape, hills, lakes, valleys, a treasure trove of natural beauty, rich heritage of vivid culture, tradition, and history of its tribe in all, one can say there are lots of things to do in Arunachal Pradesh. All of these make ita dream travel destination of India.
Things to know when visiting Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh falls under India’s restricted area. Hence foreigners will have to obtain a Restricted Area Permit (RAP). Whereas the Indian nationals need authorization in the form ofILP (Inner Line Permit), which should be obtained a week before the departure.
- The accommodation facility in Arunachal Pradesh is quite less, so it will be better to book a guest house, resort or hotel well in advance.
- Traveling and sightseeing in the Northeastern regions of India can be very challenging as well as time-consuming.
- You need to have complete idea in terms of safety and privacy.
- The roads can be challenging with minimal modes of transportation. People need to make their travels plans in advance.
- You will probably want to come to this state when it is cold. But you must make sure you can bear the climatic conditions.
- It is smart to book to take you around the sights to see in the preferred city you choose to stay in.
Tourist Places in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh has many places to visit and choosing one town/city over another will be tough. We have added the top options for you below, so that you can plan the perfect itinerary according to the geographical location:
- Tawang – Tawang is well known for its captivating nature’s beauty, beautiful lakes. But the main tourist attraction of Tawang is its majestic monastery, which is believed to be more than 400 years old and is one of the oldest and largest monasteries.
- Dirang – Dirang is home to an ancient fort that is situated on a hilltop. The kiwi and apple orchards of Dirang will definitely soothe the nature lover’s heart.
- Bomdila – Bomdila Known for its mesmerizing valleys of Kangto and Gorichen, thus making it a perfect destination for adventurous trekkers.In addition to this, Bomdila has apple orchards, craft center and museum in which the traveler gets glimpses of the artwork of local tribes.
- Ziro – The Apatani Plateau and scenic valley of Ziro is known for giving unparalleled experience to the trekkers. Kardo Hills, Talley Wildlife Sanctuary, Tally Valley Reserved Forest and not to forget pine bamboo groves are for the wildlife explorer in you.
- Itanagar – The state’s capital has a lot in its treasure trove a wildlife sanctuary that has various rare specials of animals, the grandeur of Gyakar Sinwi, Jawaharlal Nehru Museum, Gompa Buddha Vihar, Polo Park and much more.
- Pasighat – Pasighat is the oldest town of Arunachal Pradesh t on the banks of Siang River, which is the main tributary of Brahmaputra River. It offers a breathtaking view of Brahmaputra River flowing in the country through Tibet. Daying Ering and Pangin are the attraction for most tourists as they are the best-known places to enjoy the adventurous river rafting in India.
- Roing – The mesmerizing beauty of the waterfalls and lakes will definitely establish peace in your chaotic mind.
- Namdapha National Park – Namdapha is the 3rdlargest national park in India. The dense jungles, high mountains that are surrounded by water bodies makes this national park an excellent place to exhibit biodiversity by harboring and nurturing biodiversity of wildlife species. Tourists can enjoy wildlife photography, jungle safari, and jungle camping.
- Dong – Dong is the easternmost village, which receives the first sun rays in India. Dong is situated at a tri-junction of India, China, and Myanmar. The place is adorned with nature’s beauty, which can be best explored by trekking.
- Bhalukpong – The Kameng River that flows passing through the forest makes this town of Arunachal Pradesh even more attractive. In Bhalukpong the tourists can indulge in activities like trekking, hiking, fishing, and camping.
Things To Do In Arunachal Pradesh
- Visit the largest Buddhist Monastery In India
- Rafting in the Kameng river
- Visit Pankang Teng Tso- a glacial lake
- Attend Ziro Music Festival
- Explore the Wildlife at Namdapha National Park
- Enjoy jungle safari, jungle camping in Namdapha Park
- Soak in the first sun rays at 3 am in Dong
- Visit Upper Dibang Valley- largest District Of India
- Take an Adventurous Trek in Talle Valley
- Witness Architectural Grandeur of Ganga Fort in Itanagar
- Enjoy Majestic entry of Brahmaputra river in Pasighat
How To Reach
By Airways – Arunachal Pradesh doesn’t have its own airport however the tourist can reach Arunachal Pradesh from nearby airports.
- The airport in Lilabari in Assam
It receives flights from Kolkata and Guwahati four days a week. The distance between this airport and Itanagar is almost two hours which can be easily covered by a taxi or bus.
- Pawan Hans Helicopter ride from Guwahati
By Railways – There are only two trains that run on this route,
- Naharlagun -Guwahati Intercity-Express
- Naharlagun – New Delhi AC SF Express
From Naharlagun, tourists can easily reach Arunachal Pradesh by bus.
By Roadways – Arunachal Pradesh is easily reachable from neighboring cities, by direct bus.
When Should You Visit
The months from October to April are best to plan a tour to Arunachal Pradesh. So do plan a visit to this unexplored travel destination which is so worth spending time with your loved ones.
Final thoughts – The tougher it is to get to a destination, the better the place makes you feel. Arunachal Pradeshis one of the most beautiful Indian locations and you must visit it as soon as you can take a trip!